Got any tips on finding a good domain name?
- Make it simple to recall. This is why many firms register domain names that include their business name. Some people, such as Bob Parsons, even choose their business name after acquiring a desirable domain.
- Avoid registering one that is already trademarked, copyrighted, or in use by another business. This can result in the domain being lost and/or legal complications.
- Generally, shorter is better because it is easier for customers to remember. Additionally, it’s easier to obtain matching usernames for your Facebook, Twitter, and other social networking sites.
- Do you own a local business? Include your neighborhood, city, or nation in your domain name to ensure that local customers know where you are.
- Avoid the use of digits or hyphens. Anyone who hears your web address will have no idea whether you’re using the numeral (5) or the word “five.” If your business name contains a number, register both the numeral and the spelled-out version. Dashes invite difficulties and generally appear amateurish.